Pages - Menu

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Son Of Late Brave Anti-Bomb Policeman Speaks Out


The son of the late Sergeant Sunday Badang, the Anti-bomb Squad policeman who was killed in an explosion while trying to diffuse an explosive device in Kaduna last week has told LEADERSHIP SUNDAY how his father symbolically waved him goodbye and his willingness to join the Nigeria Police Force.
22-year-old Edward Sunday Badang who is the eldest child of the deceased Sunday Badang, described his late father as "a very good man".
"He was the closest friend I have ever had in my life. He was my companion, he was everything I have.         
"He is someone who advises me even when I don’t need advise. He was a man of honour.
"My dad was the most special and the wisest person I had ever met in my life. Above all, my father was a proud police officer".
His promises.
My Dad always told me of his readiness to sponsor me throughout my educational pursuit. He promised to train me in school. I wrote JAMB and applied to the University of Abuja and University of Calabar.
And the admission for the University of Calabar is out, and my Dad was making arrangement for me to go and check the admission before his death.
I met him on monday evening to discuss the admission, but he asked me to go back home and return on tuesday evening for the discussion.
But before that evening, I got a phone call in the afternoon that I should come home something terrible had happened, and when I got home I realized that the pillar of my life is gone.
Last conversation
The last conversation with my late father ensued when he sent me to go and buy fish. I went that night, bought the fish for him, came back and he said to me ‘good night, come tomorrow, I will go to the CafĂ© and check the result’. I never knew that goodnight was the final goodbye.
My educational career
With him dead, I feel as if my career quest is finished. But, I believe with God all things are possible. I have younger ones and my pregnant mother to look after. The challenges before me now are too many.

SOURCE: http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/16778/2012/02/19/i_want_be_policeman.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment