Pages - Menu

Saturday, August 18, 2012

How I Dealt With Adult And Peer Pressure In Nigeria - Dr. Babs Omot


I am not writing this just for the sake of writing but I'm doing the writing and publication on this topic "Adult Peer Pressure" because I personally had an experience about it and I overcome it. At first, I ran away  from it and came back to confront it. I was glad that I did it. Just as the peer pressure occurs during our teens era, we have the new and modern adult peer pressure. I meant it, it really does exist.


Let me start with my case as I had it. There was a time that some couple of guys I don't know very well are just trying to humiliate people especially guys that are cool-headed. People that are their primary target are people that rarely fight and just too cool. So, I noticed this character of theirs when I saw and heard two of their acts discussing after they have done such to me. The day they confronted me. I was kind of afraid though not much because I was thinking these guys might be under the influence of alcohol and Indian hemp. I guess right. One was under the influence of both. They wanted me to act like them. To mixed up and be with them. I was raised by Muslim parents before I converted to a Christian.

One day, one confronted me. I didn't respond as I knew in my heart that "Silent is the best answer for a fool". He followed me on my way home and wanted to fight me physically in a dark street. He went ahead and began to cursed me in my dialect abusive slangs but I kept quiet though the slangs are making me feel furious deep inside. But I controlled myself. So, he withdrew after many attempts. After few weeks, he began to act gently towards me but I knew that he was a green snake under green grass.

But I gave him no chance. Till date, he never talk to me or do me anything. He goes on his way and I on my way. CASE SETTLED.



Moral Lesson:

1. Silent is (sometime) the best answer for a fool - Only at 85%.

2. Stand on your Ground - No matter what, remember the son of who you are.


3. Culled Lesson "Never forget that only dead fish swims with the stream" ~ Malcolm Muggeridge  (http://peerpressure1.blogspot.com)



4. Don't Be Afraid -Fear only gives room for devil to have his seat in your heart. So, be courageous.

These above keys will help you to confront and wade off peer pressure especially those that live in Nigeria.

 Please note that as a christian,

If you try to have a place in their world, you will only get yourself misplaced from your destined place.  ~  Dr. Babatunde Yusuf .O.

And Also Remember To Share And Spread With Friends On Facebook , Twitter And Other Social Networks. It may help them without you knowing.

Feel free to drop yours or send in yours to babsomotden@gmail for publication. Thanks

0 comments:

Post a Comment